Search Bar

Thursday 4 May 2017

HERPES SYNDROME : TREATMENT AND PREVENTIVE MEASURES


HERPES SIMPLEX


DEFINITION
Herpes simplex is a viral disease which affects the human body and is categorized based on the location of the infection. Oral herpes involves the face and mouth. It may result in blisters in groups often called cold sores or fever blisters or may cause a sore throat.

AETIOLOGY

It’s caused by Herpes simplex virus
There are two types of this virus- type 1 (HSV-1) and type 2 (HSV-2)
HSV-1 more commonly causes oral infections whiles HSV-2 causes’ genital infection


INCIDENCE
This is one of the most common STI’s worldwide. There has been a 17% increase in diagnosis of genital herpes. The peak incidence is in 16 to 24 years old of both sexes.

MODE OF TRANSMISSION
Transmission occurs by direct contact with body fluids or lesions of an infected individual. It may still occur while symptoms are not present. Susceptible mucous membranes include the genital tract, rectum, mouth, and oropharynx.

PATHOGENESIS
The herpes simplex virus passes through body fluids (saliva, semen or fluid in the female genital tract) or in a fluid from a herpes sore. The virus also has access to an uninfected person through the skin and mucous membranes (mouth or genital areas). It then enters the vulnerable cells and tries to reproduce in the cell nuclei destroying the host cells. Fluid-filled blisters appear which later develops into ulcers.

CLINICAL PRESENTATION
  • Fever  
  • Blister formation
  • Myalgia
  • Headache
  • Tender inguinal lymphadenopathy
  • Multiple painful shallow ulcers
  • Vulval lesions
  • Herpetic whitlow
  • Herpes keratitis
  • Vaginal and urethral discharge
  • Sore throat
  • Pharyngotonsillitis








 DIAGNOSTIC INVESTIGATIONS
  • Physical examination
  • History of Herpes virus infection
  • Culture of virus from lesions
  • Direct fluorescent antibody
  • Skin biopsy
  • Polymerase chain reaction 

MANAGEMENT (MEDICAL)
No method eradicates herpes virus from the body, but antiviral medications can reduce the frequency, duration, and severity of Outbreaks
Analgesics such as ibuprofen and paracetamol can reduce pain and fever
Topical anesthetic treatments, such as procaine, lidocaine, benzocaine or tetraCain can also relieve itching and pain
Anti-viral drugs such as Acyclovir, Famciclovir and valaciclovir

NURSING INTERVENTION
  • Increase comfort by:
  • Encourage bed rest if the disease is severe.
  • Administer pain medication such as analgesics.
  • Encourage patient to void in a warm sits bath if painful or retention occurs.
  • Encourage fluid intake.
  • Encourage patient to wear loose cotton undergarments and loose clothing.
  • Instruct patient to keep the area clean and dry.
  • Warm saline gargle should be given


NURSING INTERVENTION
  • Restore skin integrity by
  • Keeping lesions clean and dry
  • Teaching patient not to rub or scratch lesion
  • Teaching patient appropriate application of acyclovir cream Improve self-esteem by,
  • Exploring with patient her feelings about being “herpetic”
  • Encourage patient to discuss her feelings with family and significant others


PATIENT EDUCATION
  • Discuss signs and symptoms with patient and means to alleviate them
  • Emphasize the importance of Pap smear to detect cervical transformation
  • Remind patient of the effect on a neonate and the importance of notifying her health care provider if she became pregnant.
  • Review various treatments with the patient, especially acyclovir route and administration.
  • Assist the patient to recognize precipitating factors such as heat, stress and fever. 

PREVENTION
Avoid oral contacts with others and sharing objects that have contact with saliva.
Abstain from oral sex
Individuals with symptoms of herpes should abstain from sexual activity whiles experiencing any of the symptoms.
Early detection and treatment

COMPLICATION
  • Herpes simplex encephalopathy
  • Meningitis
  • Newborn infection
  • Rectal inflammation (proctitis)
  • Pneumonia
  • Skin infections 

REFERENCE
Medicine and Medical Nursing (Revised Edition) by R. Boakye-Yiadom
Nurses’ Dictionary (25th Edition) Edited by Barbara F. Weller
Www.nhs.uk/Condition/genital-herpes  www.Medscape.com

6 comments:

  1. During my time I was diagnosed of Herpes and HIV/Aids I was advised not to speak to certain people about my Health “orthodox side” because they’re all lying shills and sociopaths or not take seriously scientific information on HIV because according to the denialists it’s all propaganda from the “AIDS establishment”. I decided to do some search, Rethinking AIDS and Herpes denialism in general, it caused a wave of attacks against Herbal Medicine and medicated drugs, anger, disbelief and insults with some members even alluding to the fact that I was the leader of Rethinking AIDS at the time. Of course I wasn’t and I always reminded them that I was and independent even if I was positive of those diseases. I come across a search on how Dr Itua cure people suffering from, Herpes, HIV/Aids, Hepatitis, Cancer, Epilepsy,Copd, then I decided to give a try although i have had a lot of stories about Nigeria scam so I was scared of it at first then I had a second thought telling me to give a try so i finally order for it and it was sent to me through courier service and I take it for two weeks and I was healed, I still find it difficult today to be real I'm living for a year now without outbreak or taking ARV Drugs, I'm supporting Dr Itua Herbal Center and also promoting his herbal medicine online for people suffering from any kind of disease to contact him on Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number On...+2348149277967. At this point of view regarding HIV/AIDS, HERPES, GENITALS, WART, COLD SORE. You can say I was very involved with the movement; I spoke on radio shows about Dr Itua, filmed my own YouTube videos, wrote my own articles about Dr Itua and attempted to inform every person I could about this information. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Imoloa has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you Dr.imoloa for bringing back happiness to my life again. thank you so much,friends join me to thank him for what he has actually done for me i pray to you all for a good life and good health, and most especially to you Dr. imoloa Thanks

    I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctors, few months ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the cure of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr imoloa and she drop the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me. I am now here to testify that i am no longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com, you can still reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098
    CANCER
    EPILEPSY.
    GENPILENCIN.
    HIV AIDS.
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    BREAST ENLARGEMENT...PENIS ENLARGEMENT, H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS HERPES. SYPHILIS. HEPATITIS A B and C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Gwen Stacy Wailker , am here to appreciate Dr isiramen for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus and it has been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning I was browsing through the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr. isiramen curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. isiramen on his email: oyimeanelisiramen@gmail.com i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, he gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and i was cured everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, dr .isiramen, God bless you and give you more power and ability for more cure.I don't know if there is any one out there suffering for herpes virus or any of these diseases..DIABETES, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, HERPES HEPATITiS A AND B DISEASES etc. why don't you contact dr.Akhigbe today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor and he is also called the godfather of herbalism contact him via email; oyimeanelisiramen@gmail.com or whatsApp him on +234117963221

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to share my testimony on how i get cure of my HERPES GENITAL Virus with the help of Doctor idahosa, i have being suffering for this disease for a very long time now.i have try several means to get rid of of the (HERPES) disease for the last five years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and HIV/AIDS Virus) by this Man Dr idahosa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr idahosa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i am cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr idahosa on { dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com } sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends and to share this to every one that have any of this sickness you can call his whatssAp via +2348134261542

    ReplyDelete
  5. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life
    became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the
    symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family
    run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave
    up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the
    doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but
    they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making
    it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I
    came across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhota
    cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought
    it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details
    provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me
    his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two
    weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms
    disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was
    NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR
    Ebhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on
    telling the world about you. If you are going through same
    situation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota via
    drebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.
    he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.
    ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. 
    ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosus 

    ReplyDelete
  6. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life
    became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the
    symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family
    run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave
    up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the
    doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but
    they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making
    it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I
    came across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhota
    cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought
    it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details
    provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me
    his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two
    weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms
    disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was
    NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR
    Ebhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on
    telling the world about you. If you are going through same
    situation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota via
    drebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.
    he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.
    ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. 
    ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosus 

    ReplyDelete